This week we’re catching up with Women of Distinction Alumni Mano Duggal, owner of Phidon Pens. Hear about how she’s staying inspired everyday, so that you can get some for yours!
1. What was your reaction when you were approached for a Women of Distinction Nomination?
I was so overwhelmed and humbled to have received the nomination and then the honor to receive the award. It is so wonderful to be a part of such a beautiful community that recognizes what you are doing.
2. What have you been upto since your big win?
I have had my store for almost 10 years now and it continues to bring me joy, Daily interaction with an amazing clientele makes for wonderful days. Part of my award was for keeping the art of handwriting alive in our community and we continue to run classes for handwriting, and calligraphy with the hope of keeping this basic human art form alive. Enjoying my family and friends and grateful for so much.
3. Name the biggest overall lesson you have learnt about leadership?
“Trust” and to give of myself in whatever capacity I can.
4. What does the world need more of or Less?
We need more empathy, to be kind and generous to people. And less of hatred.
5. What is an issue happening in the world that you wish more people were talking about and trying to find a solution?
To break down barriers of religion, gender and make this world livable for everyone. Educating young minds and to be compassionate.
6. What question do you wish people would ask you, and how would you reply?
Why did you open a pen store in a small city like Cambridge? “Passion” bringing the best to people in the pen, paper and ink world. Work hard and believe you can make a difference.
Don’t forget! Tickets for this year’s Women of Distinction event, happening March 28, are available now. Proceeds support innovative in-school and drop in programming for youth in #cbridge. Get yours!