Savoy is the head coach and founder of the Toronto Newsgirls Boxing Club, Canada’s first female-owned and trans-positive boxing club. Savoy has been honoured with a CAAWS Breakthrough Award from the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity for breaking through traditional barriers and paving the way for girls and women to participate in sport, a PRIDE Toronto Award recognizing outstanding contributions that have made an impact on the quality of human experience in the GLBTT community, and an Ontario Coaching Excellence Award recognizing outstanding coaches and their contribution to both their sport and athletes in Ontario. Want to hear her story? Get your tickets for She Talks on April 30 today!
1. Name the biggest overall lesson you’ve learned about leadership.
Ask for help when you need it.
2. What’s your personal or professional motto?
Boxing is the art of not quitting.
3. In moments of self-doubt or adversity, how do you build yourself back up again?
Make a list of 10 things I’m grateful for.
4. What’s your go-to when you need inspiration or motivation?
Morning pages…..writing non-stop for half an hour first thing in the morning
5. What’s an issue happening right now in your community that your passionate about?
Supporting the Trans* community access physical fitness.
6. What’s an issue happening in the world that you wish more people were talking about/trying to find a solution for?
How to support Transgender* people in all areas of life.