March 13, 2020
To all YWCA Cambridge families, clients and participants:
We understand and share in your concern around the risks associated with COVID 19 and know you might have questions about how we are working to keep you and your loved ones safe.
Please know that leading up to these formal decisions, we have been following Public Health protocols in all of our program areas. Measures we are actively taking are as follows:
- We are asking everyone to self-monitor for symptoms.
- We are advising everyone to follow travel advisories. Any staff person travelling outside of Canada will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work.
- We are cancelling large community gatherings and not participating in any until further notice
- We are asking those who are not feeling well to remain home.
- We have enhanced communication on handwashing, contact with others and respiratory health protocols.
- We have increased our cleaning protocols, especially in high touchpoint and traffic areas.
In line with the precautions taken by the province of Ontario as well as organizations and businesses across the province, we will be closing and cancelling a number of programs and events:
- With the closure of the schools, all YWCA Child Care centres will not be able to operate and will also be closed for the next three weeks
- The Roots of Empathy program and all other in-school programming will be suspended for the next three weeks
- All programming out of The W will also be suspended for the next three weeks, including Small Steps To Success, evening and weekend workshops, as well as March Break camp. Please note: For any of our participants who may need support or are in crisis, please feel free to reach out to us for help: 519-622-9960
- The Women of Distinction awards ceremony has been postponed and we are currently working on selecting a new date
For information on how to reduce your risk of infection, or for updates on COVID 19 cases in Ontario, please review the following resources. If you still have questions or concerns, please contact YWCA Cambridge Executive Director Kim Decker at 519-267-6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waterloo Region Public Health :www.regionofwaterloo.ca/2019NovelCoronavirus
Ontario Ministry of Health: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
Public Health Agency of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus