Career Opportunities At YWCA Cambridge
Join our team and put your voice to work
Are you interested in helping cis and trans women and girls and non-binary and two-spirit individuals achieve equity? Consider working at with YWCA Cambridge!
Who We Are
YWCA Cambridge, a trusted community leader, gives a voice to the needs of cis and trans women and girls and non-binary and two-spirit individuals through innovative and responsive programs, services and advocacy.
Through leadership, advocacy and program and service delivery, YWCA Cambridge will influence communities to ensure all cis and trans women and girls and non-binary and two-spirit individuals are respected, valued and equal.
As a feminist organization, we have a tradition of advocacy stretching across our more than 70-year history. We believe that women, girls and gender diverse individuals deserve to feel safe and belonging wherever they live and that they must have the resources and opportunities to shape their own lives and communities. YWCA Cambridge is part of a global movement for gender justice, connecting over 25 million women in 125 countries. Founded in 1955, YWCA Cambridge has come to be known as a leader in the Cambridge and North Dumfries community, one that works from an intersectional feminist, anti-oppression framework.
• Inclusive, diverse, employee-focused environment
• Remote-work/hybrid-work schedule currently available for some administrative roles
• Paid on-the-job training
• Opportunities for professional development and growth
• Staff discounts for child care and summer camp
• Opportunities to get involved in our community
We know our work transforms lives. Join our team and find an enriching career full of purpose and opportunity, alongside a team of like-minded people whose every day is about gender equity and exceptional program delivery.
We are always looking for professional and inspired people
Volunteer Member, Board of Directors
YWCA Cambridge is an association by, for and about cis and trans women and girls and non-binary and two-spirit individuals. As a member agency of YWCA Canada, we are part of a national movement that is the country’s largest and oldest women’s multi-service organization. We believe in and support the growth and development of healthy communities.
We are currently recruiting for up to 3 passionate, action and impact oriented individuals to join our Volunteer Board of Directors.
About the Role
As a member of our Board of Directors you will be responsible for the following:
• Be a champion of the organization
• Advocate for the advancement of the work we do and the communities we support
• Helping advance YWCA’s Global mission through your own networks
• Attend and actively participate in all Board of Directors meetings and other YWCA Cambridge committees
• Provide strategic leadership, feedback and support to the CEO and Executive Staff members
• Ensure proper governance of the YWCA Cambridge
• Drive impact across the organization and community by rolling up your sleeves and helping anywhere needed
• Ensure all activities are conducted in the best interest of the organization, and never individual interests
You are someone who:
• Is deeply passionate and committed to ensuring equity and inclusion for cis and trans women and girls and non-binary and two-spirit individuals
• Is dedicated to community advancement and support
• Has a demonstrated history of advocacy and relationship building
• Isn’t afraid of hard work or tough conversations
• Can offer a new perspective crafted through a variety of experiences
• Bring a helpful set of skills to the Board of Directors
• Have demonstrated dependability, accountability, self-awareness and reliability
The YWCA is looking for and individuals with all levels and types of experiences. We value all perspectives and lived experiences and are deeply committed to mentoring those who may be starting to build their board of director level experience
Board Commitment Requirements
• Minimum commitment of 2 years both on the Board of Directors and a Board Committee
• Non-executive Board of Directors members provide an average of 3-5 hour of their time to fulfill their BOD responsibilities
Application Submission Process
All interested candidates are asked to complete their application at the following link: https://forms.gle/FFRoW86xDL4r4Rdu5
Commitment to a Barrier Free Application and Selection Process
YWCA Cambridge is committed to providing a barrier-free application and selection process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the application and selection process, please contact Christine Vigna at email@example.com.
Stay Connected with YWCA Cambridge
Get In Touch
Have a Question Or Need Assistance?
If you have a question about YWCA Cambridge, our programs or events, or simply want to get involved, please give us a call or send us an email.
Address: 102-55 Dickson Street, Cambridge, Ontario, N1R 7A5
Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & holidays: closed
Tel: (519) 267-6444
Main Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
W Programming Email: email@example.com
Shades’s Mills Camp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WIGG Email: email@example.com